Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Wolf!

Lucia the idiot left a timber wolf unsupervised. Do I even need to explain what went wrong?
It was Davi, of course it was. I had been expecting another ambush from her a while now.

"Hello Quaphsiel! The father sends his regards"

"Father?"

"The Archangel"

"Right, what does he want? No...I can already guess, no need for you to waste your precious oxygen telling me"

"Right!"

She started to charge at me with that gun of hers, very annoying if I may say so. I picked up a chair in the room and threw it at her. It wasn't much, but it was enough to distract her and give me a few seconds to escape. I ran down the stairwell & saw Luci on the way. I didn't have time to explain anything, so I just grabbed her hand and ran.

We managed to get in front of the hotel, but Davi was right on our trail. I was about to run when Luci stopped me. She was holding my hand tightly and had her eyes closed.

"What is wrong with you, we have to leave!" I screamed at her.

A black door-like portal opened up behind us, sucking us in. Once on the other side we were in a big flower field, which also had a wooden cabin nearby. Luci dragged me torwards it.
I've never really had to run this fast for like a century, it was exhausting. In the cabin I started panting from shear exhaustion as I threw myself into the bed in there.

"You...You..you could do that?"

"I'm a Smiling Man servant, what kind of servant doesn't have access to their fear's domain?"

"Right...forgot"

"We'll be safe here. The Smiling Man is still not going to be happy that I brought you here, but perhaps I could convince him."

"Wait, he's here?"

"Hmm...I don't feel his presence, so I'm guessing not. I'll explain once he gets here" She said as she stood in front of the bed I was so happily resting my eyes in.

"Ah..."

"Now"

"What?"

"Now I'd say you are as protected as you possibly could be. Provided I talk to the Smiling Man, why can't you just live here? There is nothing out there for you!"

"I guess...for the time being"

Despite my closed eyes, it was as if I could feel her smile.

I drifted into a dreamless sleep. A sleep which I enjoyed to the fullest, for nothing was wrong, nothing was right, nothing was. It was trully blissful.
When I woke up the next morning, she had gone somewhere. I made myself some breakfast, took a shower and changed my clothes.

She was kind of right, I could just live here!

2 comments:

  1. Indeed, a naive fool at that, we have already established that you are a target for Fears, you are some sort of point of interest for them, all of them.

    Lucia is also naive, thinking that she can convince a Fear to slip this opportunity. I think she didn't bring you there because she was ordered to, I honestly believe she is trying to help you out, but she is naive.

    I think you are in more danger then you were before.

    But all those are, are assumptions, assumptions, assumptions and nothing else, but don't let them become something more than a mere assumption.

    Don't stay for too long there.

    - Mr. Incognito.

    ReplyDelete