Sunday, February 17, 2013

Encounter!

Lucia woke up yesterday morning.
She is still too weak to update, so I guess it's once again my turn. I didn't notice it last night, but she had a bunch of flesh wounds on her ranging from her arms and stomach.

Once again I felt kind of obligated to help her, since she helped me when I was ill. So I treated her wounds as best I could with the first aid kit I found here at the hotel.

It took a while, mostly because it was hard wrapping the bandages around her stomach, but eventually it was done. She slept through it, which kind of made it easier. Nothing worse than a fiddgeding person you are trying to treat the wounds of.

As soon as she woke up I got her up to date on the happenings with EAT & the Fact and all that. She seemed concerned, but it died down once we started another topic.

"What was that?" I asked her.

"Huh?" she asked.

"You came in here, apparently wounded last night and cried, saying that something was all your fault"

"Yeah...ehm" she said.

"I went down to Time Square to do some sightseeing and shopping an the like" she said "But I was approached by a girl wearing one of those old-timey newsboy hat followed by a black dog"

She took a bit of a breath before continuing.

"All the sudden everything went grey and time stopped. The girl I saw took out two knifes and started attacking me until I was laying on the ground, too weak to really move"

"Anyway, she asked me where you were & then said that she was going to be paying you a visit"

After hearing this I calmly went down and got her some breakfast, along with some for myself.

"Sounds like you'll be getting some visitors" The Fact said as I was walking down the stairs "Any idea who they might be?"

"I know exactly who it is"

"Who?"

"My sister and the Black Dog"

"You have a sister?"

"I have more siblings than that, but I guess she is the only one that is still alive"

"I'm guessing you guys don't get along"

"You know how it is. I mostly hate her bigoted attitude towards fears & her hypocrisy. She hates fear servants, but is the servant of the Black Dog."

"The black dog has servants?"

"She's a special case, if I recall"

 "I see"

I returned to Lucia who was sitting in bed, drawing something in a sketchbook she had.

"Here..." I said and put the tray on her lap.

"Thank you" she said and smiled.

"Cecilia..." she said all the sudden after a while of eating her french toast.

"What?"

"Did you like being a servant?"

"Ehm...I guess so, for me it was mostly just doing minor work and taking care of the crossroads"

"I see...some days I don't really know..."

In all the commotion I had forgotten that Lucia was a fear servants. It's not like it was obvious since she showed really no sign of being under fear control.

"One thing I've wondered Luci...are you a willing or an unwilling servant?"

"Depends what you mean?"

"I mean is the fear you work for manipulating you to do its bidding"

"Oh, I guess I'm a willing servant then, but only by that definition. Sometimes I think the Smiling Man doesn't really care. I kind of know he doesn't. I'm a pawn to him"

I was getting annoyed at all the chess motifs, but her working for the Smiling Man came as a bit of a surprise to me. I had theorized that she worked for the Blind Man or something.

"The fears, at least Slenderman & Mother are appreciative. They care for me and -"

She slapped me.

"You ignorant bitch!" she yelled at me.

"Are you really that dumb? I know you aren't stupid when it comes to the fears. Do you honestly think that thousands of people making blogs of their lives which almost always end in death or worse for fun? The fears...don't care. We are playthings to them, has that not entered your brain yet? Let's say you are right, let's say Slenderman and the Mother of Snakes do care about you...Why haven't they done a thing to get you back? Why didn't they swoop in and grant you immortality when you lost it? Why didn't they prevent the dying man from taking over you? That's because they don't care about you at all, you're a pawn Cecilia...like the rest of us" she yelled while occasionally becoming tearful.

I looked at her angrily for a moment, then just walked away. I lay down on the couch and went to sleep. I just didn't want to deal with her anymore, she's like all others.

I thought...

8 comments:

  1. Truth hurts doesn't it? But then again, I have been saying all of those things all this time, yet they were only assumptions since I can't begin to comprehend how IT thinks.

    One thing that Lucia was wrong about, is that your not a mere pawn, for them, your some sort of weapon, a tool to use. Thats completely different from being just a mere pawn.

    - Mr. Incognito.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like lucia finaly realized she's just being used. Now if only you would realize it too Ceci dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We play games, even when we don't play games. Every piece has it's name, depending on the player. You dumb it down to chess motifs, but look at it as Checkers. Every piece should try and reach the other end of the board, taking out and jumping as many squares as possible to reach it.

    Then the piece is more valuable, and can move more freely before it too is taken. And the pieces are all of you.

    ~INSANITY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But that more powerful piece can always be tricked into being taken by other, more weaker pieces, thats the brilliance of that game, you have to be on your toes even when you posses a powerful piece, because at any given time someone will come along and do such a smart and unexpected move, that no piece will be able to help you.

      But what the players do not realize, is that the rules apply differently to each piece everywhere, that is what not many people know. For example the basic rule of checkers everywhere is that when a piece reaches an end and becomes a queen, it can go back and forth.

      But there are different rules to this game, for example in other countries when a piece reaches the end and becomes a queen, it can fly all across the board back and forth, not necessarily by one square, it can go by as many as it wants, but only in a line, the piece can not take sudden turns.

      Why am I saying that? Well I guess my point was that at any given time a piece can do whatever it wants, depending on what kind of rules it believes in.

      - Mr. Incognito.

      Delete
    2. Rules. Rules. Rules.

      Have you thought that our games HAVE no rules, 'cognito?

      ~INSANITY

      Delete
    3. If it had no rules, then you wouldn't be calling it a "game".

      - Mr. Incognito.

      Delete
    4. True. But then how are we to explain it you human's why we do what we do?

      ~INSANITY

      Delete
    5. I personally don't need explanations, all I need to know about you is that you pray on innocent lives, that is enough knowledge for me to make me, not hate you, it simply puts me at a fact that creatures like you need to be eliminated, punished.

      There are also other indications that there are some sort of rules that apply to this "game", if there were not, wouldn't those creatures just go at each other, rather than use pieces in order to prove their dominance?

      - Mr. Incognito.

      Delete