Saturday, February 16, 2013

Night!

I woke up to a knock on my hotel room door around 2 AM. I got nervous, as I wasn't expecting someone, so I prepared for the worst to be behind it. It was Lucia, tears were falling down her pale-white face, she seemed cold & frightened.  She leaned against me as soon as I opened the door, leaning her head on my shoulder. Lucia wasn't the most tolerable, but so far has been the only "human" who has been nice to me on this journey, at least from the people I've physically met.

I reached passed her and closed the door.

"I'm sorry..." Lucia said.

"What's wrong?"

"I-...I just, sorry" she said while trying to hold back the flow of tears "its all my fault"

She seemed so tired and weakened that she was almost passing out from exhaustion, it was noticeable. I put her down on my bed where she fell asleep instantly.

I went out since I was up. I'm never am able to go back to sleep after being woken up with this, at least not until a couple of hours later.

"Hello, Cecilia" I heard from behind me as I was walking down the road.

I turned around swiftly & there he was, Jack...or Jack of All Trades as he likes to be called.
He was leaning against a building, drinking a glass of liquor.

"Oh, Jack...you startled me"

"How's it going Cecilia?" He asked.

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems that we have a bit of a predicament"

"How so?"

"Your plan of using Ira Sage as bait for Slenderman is not going to work."

"What?"

"He no longer exists, not in this universe anyway."

"Was that what Lucia was talking about?" I mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing"

 "No, it just seems to me that with that happening due to a deal of mine with someone who shall remain anonymous & the fears going after you now because of the whole opposer thing, you have some issues"

"I guess, but its nothing that I can't handle"

"Do you even know what your goal is at this point?"

"Well of course, like it has been from the start, returning to Slenderman & Mother"

"Think about it, you have no goal. Not one that makes any sense anyways" He said and  took another sip of his drink

"What are you talking about?"

"Slenderman & Mother may have cared for you in the past, but do you really think they'll see you now as anything else but a tool?"

I had the unbelievable urge to slap him, but by some miracle I held it together.

"Why are you saying that, why are you even here?" I asked.

"Why am I anywhere? To make a deal of course"

"Do you think I'm an idiot? Do you think I don't know where a deal with you does to a person?"

"I'm just saying. You could make a wish. For the opposer thing to go away"

"Why do you even give me an opportunity? I already used up my deal with you"

"Well, I kind of like you. You remind me of me a bit"

I slapped him this time, I found that to be just the lowest insult someone like him could utter.

"I probably deserved that" he said and smiled.

"I'm not taking the damn deal"

He chuckled and looked at me for a while.

"Alright...but you know where to find me if you change your mind"

He then vanished, sort of merging into a portal-like thing in the wall of the building he was leaning on.

I went back to the hotel. Lucia was still sleeping on my bed, so I simply slept on the couch provided there. I didn't want to wake her up.

2 comments:

  1. Cue Miss Doll visiting you because no control.

    ~INSANITY

    ReplyDelete
  2. While he probably did deserve that slap, he had a legitimate point and a legitimate question.

    Whats is your plan? Returning to IT? You'll be practically signing your death warrant...actually no, IT won't kill you, since you have some sort of value to yourself, it's like The Dealer said, your only a tool to them.

    If you want to spend the rest of your life, being a tool, even probably being used against people like Alicia, then go right ahead.

    Think about it, don't ignore it.

    - Mr. Incognito.

    ReplyDelete